Sunshine Smoothie with Mango and Orange
- 1 large orange
- 2.5cm root ginger, grated and juiced to give 1 tbsp juice
- 100g yogurt/*soya yogurt
- 150g drained, tinned mango (reserve juice or syrup)
- 2 tsp wheatgerm (optional)
- 1 tbsp porridge oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- Use a zester to make a few shreds of zest for garnish. Grate more zest to give ¼ tsp grated orange zest. Squeeze juice from the orange. There should be about 4 tbsp (60ml).
- Wrap the grated ginger in a small square of muslin and twish hard to extract the juice (or use a juicer).
- Put grated orange zest, orange juice and all other ingredients into a liquidizer and blend until smooth. Taste. Sweeten with a little of the reserved juice from the tinned mango if needed and blend again/
- Serve in glasses and garnish with the shreds of zest.
Note: Tinned apricots also work in place of mango