Garlic & artichoke & roasted butternut squash risotto
- 2 small-medium butternut squashes
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 600ml light vegetable stock
- 125g Arborio rice
- 75ml dry white wine
- 4 cloves smoked garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 4 artichoke hearts in brine (rinsed) cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp basil, cut into fine strips
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F/Gas 4. Heat stock in a saucepan until boiling, then reduce heat and keep on a low simmer.
- Cut the squashes in half, remove seeds and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Combine shallots, tomatoes, paprika and 30ml of the stock in a small saucepan and cook gently until soft and all the liquid has been absorbed, then transfer mixture to a large frying pan and stir in the rice.
- Pour in the wine and stir until it has been absorbed, then add the smoked garlic.
- Start to add the stock using a large ladle. Cook gently, stirring regularly and making sure all the liquid has been absorbed before adding the next ladle full. This should take 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once the rice is tender add the last ladle of stock as well as the lemon zest, artichokes and herbs. Season to taste.
- Place each squash half on a serving plate and fill with a portion of risotto. Serve with the steamed asparagus and dressing.