Halloumi & Mango with a Minty Dressing
Halloumi and mango are a really delicious combination. Cook the halloumi just before serving; if allowed to go cold, it quickly becomes rubbery in texture.
Serves 4 as a starter or 2 as a main course
- 250g/9oz Halloumi
- 6 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 200g/7oz mixed salad leaves
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stones and sliced
- 8g/1/3oz mint, finely chopped
- 150ml/5fl oz natural yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sprigs of mint, to garnish
- Cut the halloumi into 8 slices and then cut each in half. Coat in the seasoned flour and put aside. Arrange the salad leaves on 4 serving plates and place slices of mango on top.
- Make the dressing: mix the chopped mint, yogurt, lemon juice together in a bowl and season to taste. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle and quickly fry the halloumi for around 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Arrange 4 pieces of halloumi on each bed of leaves and drizzle with a little of the dressing. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and mint sprigs and serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.